Open (Source) Night Criteria
- Software: All work should be re-producible across platforms. Source code is published, and the performer introduces the piece and explains what is used and their aims. Non-open platforms are tolerated where the work is reproducible across platforms.
- Hardware is generally fine – but if someone just brings their groovebox (whatever) along then that doesn’t really qualify, but if they hooked it up to Supercollider/PD/Processing/homemade (published & reproducible) software/… then it would.
- Homebuilt hardware is definitely fine.
- Same for instruments: Just playing the guitar probably doesn’t qualify but hooking it up to effects in supercollider/pd/processing/homemade software/… would. Again software has to be publised & introduced.
- For groups, again the reproducibility argument of 1). applies. All members should satisfy the rules.
- The more open, the higher priority you get if selection have to be made.