Some further kite testing with UAV Toolkit last week at Gwithian beach, with a strong offshore wind (and rather good looking surf too). We managed to max out the kite altitude and get some great photographs including surfers and flocks of birds. See the previous kite post for more details on the kite.
I’ve also started experimenting with combining the sensor data with the images to provide geo-referenced images in GeoTIFF format. This uses the magnetometer data to orient the image and GPS for position. This is still work in progress with quite a lot of converting between coordinates going on, all using the GDAL suit of tools with python to glue it all together: